Saturday, December 27, 2008

holiday boredom

phew !!! it's the 3rd day in the four-day long weekend we have got, owing to the Off given on Dec 26th, Friday. I am left alone in my house, with all 3 of my roomies leaving Bangalore. First, I shuddered at spending 4-days alone. Then I thought that this might be a good time to spend on oneself, which I hadn't done off-late. Sleep took it's toll on the Christmas day. I woke up late than my usual time, thinking how to spend the rest of the day. After some cereal breakfast and a quick browsing, I never knew what took me back to my bed. It wasn't before 4:30 in the evening, before I realized !! Over sleeping sometimes spoils the whole day, and sure it did. I somehow managed to spend the rest of the day, little cooking, a pencil sketch ending in a smudge of paper ...

Spent the 2nd day watching movies. 3 movies in a stretch ... 9-10 hours spent in front of the PC. Great way. Made phulkas @ night, making a little over my requirement, for the next day's breakfast. I decided to spend my next day, i.e 3rd one @ office. I reached around 8 in the morning. Needless to say, seemed like I was the lone guy in the office, even when it was noon. I headed back home by 3:30 or so, to reach home at 5 o clk.
Wondering about these pictures here? Well, this was what I did after coming home, tried something new for dinner. Guess what: Mango-Methi rice.
No, No, I did not get it on any site this time. I started with making methi rice, ended up putting little raw mango pieces along with. It came out good. It made an awesome combination with ginger pickle on the side. I figured out that it would need a little fine tuning here and there. Want the recipe? Contact me :-)


That's it. It's almost 12 in the night. I successfully complete 3-days. Let's see what's in store tomorrow, a new dish might be? or Or a chat with my house-owner, who intends to prepare us for a rental hike this new year !! Let me see....

3 comments:

శ్రీధర్ said...

Looks like u don't have much experience in spending time alone in the room. I got loads of that !!!

For any tips contact me

$u)hir said...

ya, very much. Used to being with someone around always. Even if we are in our own worlds !! :-)

Pavana said...

This is nothing dude,u have to come to US to experience the loneliness