Friday, December 12, 2008

early morning, on the wall

12 Dec 2008:
I woke up this Friday morning, when my roommate called me excitingly, 'you must see this ra'. I was amazed at the site. Sitting calm on the high wall, was a big fat and green caterpillar, or something from that species. The scene looked serene during this season, with just the right kind of climate for these creatures to come out of their pupas. Here are a few pics from my N73:


We were sure that it had eaten something and was having a nap. Wonder how these creatures have the patience to climb such high walls . . . . at least for them they are !! We tried to fondle it a bit with a dry leaf. What we saw was just amazing. Out came two tentacles, giving a clear picture of a venomous defence system of this creature. Wish I could post the captured video here.

After taking a few snaps of this beautiful creature, we decided to place it on a plant nearby. It was gone in while, obviously camouflaged with the surrounding colour.





People have always known me to be fascinated by these less observed things in life, clearly shown in my photos. Hearing that my roommate had called me for this, a friend pointed out in a comic way, 'woh bhi tumhare hi tarah hai kya?' :-)
All I could do, was to help myself with a smile.

1 comment:

vijaya said...

hey
gr8 going man!go ahead!