Sunday, November 30, 2008

feather in the cooks' hat: dalia soyachunks khichidi

30-Nov-2008:
"what shall we have for breakfast?', spoke I to Satya soon as I woke up.  No wonder, he gave his uth-gaya-saala stare!!! He was used to this waking-up-hungry habit of mine.
One staying in Bangalore would admit this lazy weather, on this Sunday morning today. Since 07:00 I was lying in bed, thinking of excuses to stay late :-) 'enough !!!', I thought, with my N73 already showing 08:00, 'too lazy !!'. My roommate was already up and reading the newspaper. I was less curious about following the mumbai news anymore.
It's only on Sundays or holidays that we get to prepare breakfast too at home. It is always a rush-for-the-bus routine everyday otherwise. We made the idea of preparing something nutritious and healthy. Browsing through this recipe site, we found exactly what we were looking for:  Wheat-Dalia-Soyachunk khichidi.
We got the required ingredients from a nearby shop. Preparation was not difficult. We just followed th instructions given on the site. It came out great. Well, don't go by the photo given here. I have taken it from the site. Our preparation looked little different :-)
Yet another dish added to our cooking list. I must recommend the website for a variety of dishes listed. The author lady is sure a good cook and documents well too. Do check out the site to find out about the preparation. Am sure you would also like it. 
Photo coutesy: Sailusfood.com All Rights of the author are respected

3 comments:

Pavana said...

Dude u shud put ur dish photo instead of some one else.

శ్రీధర్ said...

Thanx dude...i'm going to cook something from that site today :-)

vijaya said...

gr8 going