Friday, March 20, 2009

experiment: phir se !!!!!

Ever tried eating 'poori' with mango-juice? Or spicy mango-pickle rice with little 'rasam' by the side? :-)

Wierd combinations of dishes, they say. Well, 'wierd' is certainly not the word I would use, but that's how my friends put it. Some attribute it to my 'hybrid' nature. Being a south-indian, born n brought up almost as a north-indian, now back to the south and caught in the midst of variety ;-)

Not just with eating, I try my hand at experimenting at cooking as well. Someone who has read about my mango-methi rice, would know it. This time it was ....now wait. I haven't thought of a name yet. May be, you can help me :-)
This dish has got tomatoes, onions, mango and raw-banana. One more lazy Sunday - one more new curry dish.

The roots of this dish can be aknowledged to the sweet  mango-curry given at this site. Not wanting to waste the raw bananas kept at home, we tried this: making the mango 
curry, along with, add nicely fried raw banana pieces.

Does the photo look tempting? :-) Here is a brief, but elaborate enough summary of 
making it: fry well nicely cut raw banana pieces. Meanwhile, add medium sized cut 
mango pieces to well fried onions and tomatoes. Allow to cook for a while, till the mango softens. Add the fried raw banana pieces. Mix well. Garnish it, if you too want to take a photo of it, as we did ;-) Goes well with phulkas ..
It would be bad of me not to acknowledge the willingness of my roommates, to bear with and eat too .....
That's it. A bachelors Sunday, well spent .. :-)

No comments: