Thursday, January 22, 2009

slumdog crorepati

well, THE most talked about film in this first month of 2009: Slumdog Millionaire. I am sure the fame and hype multiplied with the movie winning the Globe awards, including one for the music score by our very own AR Rahman.


It is stated to release in Indian theatres on the 23rd of Jan 2009. And I am writing this on the early hours of the very same day. I just finished watching the movie. Now stop wondering how, okay?? !!! the DVD rip is already out, a good quality print of course. Baaaah, I know am into this piracy ... :-|


Hmmm, what to write about this movie ...fine, let me put it this way: we played a few minutes of the movie, to check for the print quality of the file, and I just couldn't wait one more moment to watch it completely. The pace and interest you get from the beginning is good. I had heard the story from somewhere, but still wanted to watch the taking of the movie. The story of how a man, brought up in the slums, gets to know all the answers of the crorepati show !!! Wow !!!! Don't worry, I haven't stolen anything out of it. This is just a single line tag, which I gave to the movie. You can as well go and watch it.


On the dark side of it, the movie shows rags and living of the slums. Just for a few scenes, but it does show some stark reality. True, one cannot deny it. Such things exist in the developed world as well. Just that they don't make a movie out it, or at least it doesn't become a hit.


Nevertheless, a nice movie to watch. I bet you won't have the need and feel to stretch your legs a bit while the movie is on ...

1 comment:

Prem said...

It's interesting...but short to say...
More interesting is that, there're a lot of your own expressions in this....
It's more like listening to you, than reading:-)