Monday, September 1, 2008

bengalooru, me and my jacket

..it rained heavily that night. I could still hear the sound of large rain drops hitting the roof of a car outside, while I slipped into sleep. I woke up at 6.45 the next day to find the downpour still going on. Umesh mumbled in bed, wondering about our travel to office.


Reminded me of old school days, I used to feel happy to see a climate like this. We could go late to school, half the hours would be canceled, or sometimes, better still, would be declared off by the Delhi Govt. Oh, I loved that time :-)


Sigh !!!! not anymore. My workplace was inviting me, and for that, I HAD to be at the bus-stop by 7:25. After a quick shower, geared myself with a rather little heavy jacket with a good head cover, and stepped out into the rain. Our neighbor aunt stared at me in a rather odd way which didn't seem to impress me. And why not, I was literally dripping all over, with only my head and upper part covered perfectly. I am sure her kids had had day off from school. I paced slowly along the 1 km walk to the bus-stop, avoiding water logs and vehicles splashing water. I saw few of my stop-mates better off with umbrellas.


The bus was dripping at places inside too. I was lucky enough to find a seat, perfect near the window. Not long, I fell into sleep, unaware of what lied ahead in time !!! 


I woke up as my bus neared office. It took me no time to realize that I was all heated up inside, thanks to my wool-from-inside jacket !!!! The scorching heat of the Sun.....YES..you read it right !!! the SUN, out, bright and shining on my left side !!! All the clouds had cleared off and it was just as any other mid-summer day. I had never saw such a contrast in weather patterns till now. My colleague was smiling at me, obvious at my surprised  look over the sudden change in climate. gosh !!!!


..and today, it is raining again. I am still thinking whether to take the jacket or not . . . . .

No comments: