Saturday, July 26, 2008

..bangalore mein dhamake

much has been spoken about them for the past one day. I got a chance to watch some TV at a nearby restaurant this afternoon. For obvious reasons, the hotel guys put on their favourite TV9. Yes, you too must have heard about it. It's the most famous local news reporting channel in the recent times :-) These were the first people to report this incident, and news channels all over India had their footages. I saw them showing clipping after clipping about Malls and shopping areas being empty, and the shopkeepers owes......hmmmmmmmm

We were in discussion in the office, yesterday, when suddenly a colleague spoke, freeing himself a little from his mobile phone, 'there's been a blast at madivala it seems'.

Ok great, now what? , thought we. Withing minutes, people jammed mobile networks, with each one having one to his ear. News spread like wildfire, with people scurrying themselves to our parking lot, to catch the early 5 o clk bus. Hearing about one blast on Hosur road, I was sure that my bus would be diverted via other route. I mean, that's the way I heard the news. But being skeptical about going by the panch baje wala, I thought of leaving by 7.

The news was a little boosted up, learnt later. No wonder, I reached faster than usual to my home, with literally little traffic on the road.

But whatever the reasons behind the blasts, may it be of little intensity, it does send some message. Hope our cops get a break through soon and we learn who and what made folks do this.

No comments: